Monday, September 14, 2026

Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About How Canada Improves Canadian's Lives

As this "Lost Canadian" continues to wait for my final four documents to arrive so I and my family are able to request our official Canadian citizenship (because of Bill C-3 - which says if you have Canadian ancestors - and I have 15 ancestors who were born in Canada since 1800 - you are already a Canadian - a "Lost Canadian" - and if you are able to document your direct line to a Canadian-born ancestor, you are able to receive your Canadian citizenship!). It will be worth the wait, so I am trying to be patient!

As I wait, I continue to learn more about Canada. In light of the tremendously rude and disrespectful way the massively corrupt convicted felon/sexual abuser who currently occupies the white house here in the US has been talking about and treating our dear neighbors, friends, allies, and family in Canada, I am spending this week just learning about Canada - and sharing what I learn about how Canada is an amazing place - I believe I could learn about and share about this for more than a week, but I will begin with a week, starting with Canada is amazing because they actually are making everyday life better for their citizens! On Canada.ca I learned . . .

  • Canada provides Employment Insurance (EI) benefits if you have lost your job through no fault of your own.
  • Sickness benefits if you’re unable to work due to illness, injury, or quarantine.
  • Maternity and parental benefits if you're pregnant, have recently given birth, are adopting a child, or are caring for your newborn.
  • Caregiving benefits if you’re providing care or support to someone who is critically ill or injured, or in need of end-of-life care.
  • The Canada Groceries and Essentials Benefit (CGEB) provides tax-free quarterly payments to individuals and families with low and modest incomes to help manage the rising costs of everyday essentials.
  • The Canadian Dental Care Plan (CDCP) is helping make the cost of dental care more affordable for eligible Canadian residents.
  • Canada Disability Benefit provides financial support to people with disabilities, who are between 18 and 64 years old. Canada Disability Benefit, disability pensions, and children's benefits, education funding, savings plans, gasoline tax refund program.
  • Family and Caregiving benefit, Child benefit, dental benefit and GST/HST credit. Maternity, parental and caregiving benefits and leave. Help for the costs of raising people with disabilities.
  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS), Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS), Retirement planning.
  • College Student Aid Grants and Loans.
  • Housing tax credits for home renovations, accessibility upgrades, and first-time home buyers. GST/HST new housing rebate. Financing for greener homes.
Canada clearly believes their government should work to actually improve the lives of their citizens. Imagine that! I'm impressed! You will find more information about all these ways the Canadian Government actually works for their citizens at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About How Canada Makes the World Better for Everyone

I've been writing about how this "Lost Canadian" continues to wait for my final four documents to arrive so I and my family a...