At any rate, I have been working to gather the official documents (birth/marriage/death certificates) I need to show an unbroken line from me to at least one Canadian ancestor (I am going to show the unbroken line to three Canadian ancestors since they are on the same line of my family tree.) When all the documents arrive (I am waiting for the final four to arrive), then I, my daughter, son, and grandchildren are all sending in the documents to receive our Canadian citizenship. (I have been keeping my siblings and their children up-to-date on the documents, and will share with any of them who want to receive their Canadian citizenship as well.)
Now, just because I have my Canadian citizenship (when I do), it does not mean I have to move to Canada. I am able to have duel citizenship with the USA and Canada, which will certainly make traveling to Canada easier (and other places), but as I watch what is happening in this country, there certainly are solid reasons for me to make the move to Canada - if this is what we decide to do. Just some of these reasons would include . . .
- Living in a country where I do not have legitimate concerns about my country no longer being a Democracy. I can not watch what the current occupant of the White House is doing or listen to the things he says and not feel great concern as to IF we will have our elections in November, and IF we do, IF those who are elected will be able to take their seats in Congress on January 3, 2027. I have serious concerns about these things.
- I won't have to be ashamed of the supposed leader of my country - on a daily basis, as he says and does things which bring shame on our country - such as threatening to invade/steal other countries and their resources, war crimes, lying over and over and over again, massive corruption, racism - these are just a few of the things happening on a daily basis and the list goes on and on.
- My heart breaks more nearly every day as I see in the news about another family torn apart by ICE - or citizens even murdered in the street with no serious efforts to stop this.
- I have grave concerns for those I know and love who are part of the Queer Community in the USA. I do not trust they will remain safe here.
- While it is true Canada has some "issues" with "implementing" their medical care for all programs, I do believe in Canada if I were to need medical care, I would receive it and I would not go broke because of needing medical care.
- And, yes, there are MANY beautiful places in the USA - my husband and I met on one of the most beautiful places in the USA - Lassen National Park - Canada is filled with incredible places and they are working hard to protect more and more of their land so future generations and the First Nations People are able to enjoy this land. Our current occupant in the White House is actually reducing some of our National Parks here in the USA.
So, if you have Canadian ancestors and are a "Lost Canadian", you too will have the option to move to Canada - it does not mean you have to move, but you will have the option to do so.

No comments:
Post a Comment