For the past week and a half each day I wake up and hope things will improve, but then see and hear even more disrespect and arrogance directed towards Canada and their amazing people from the shameful resident of the white house. Every day I feel like this country owes Canada another apology.
I watched This Week with George Stephanopoulos and the interview with Premier Ford from Ontario, Canada. He said, "Everyone's feeling bullied by President Trump, and this is the worst thing you could do for the American economy," Ford told ABC News This Week co-anchor Martha Raddatz. "I just don't see the purpose. It's absolutely backwards. I love the American people. Canadians love the American people," Ford said. "We differentiate between the great American people and the president."
This "Lost Canadian" and life-long Michigander hopes the people of Canada feel the same way and are able to differentiate between the people of this country (at least those of us who are not maga/ trumplicans and did not vote for trump) and the current occupant of the white house. All my life I've had great respect for Canada and Canadians - you are my neighbors, and now as a "Lost Canadian", you are also my family. I love Canada and the people of Canada and so many Americans feel the same way - whether they are blessed to be "Lost Canadians", or not.
Thank you Premier Ford, Prime Minister Carney, and all the amazing people of Canada.

No comments:
Post a Comment