Thursday, September 17, 2026

Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About Things Which Show Canada is Amazing - Their Extraordinary Culture & Iconic Traditions

I've been writing this week about how in light of the tremendously rude and disrespectful way the massively corrupt convicted felon/sexual abuser who currently occupies the white house here in the US has been talking about and treating our dear neighbors, friends, allies, and family in Canada, I am spending this week just learning more about Canada - and sharing what I learn about how Canada is an amazing place - I believe I could learn about and share about this for more than a week, but I will begin with a week, today I'm sharing how Canada is amazing because of their breathtaking nature (and how they protect it)! Online I learned . . .

There are many things about Canada which are interesting, unique, and yes, even extraordinary - including . . .

  • Maple Syrup Capital: Canada produces roughly 75% to 80% of the world's maple syrup, making the sugar maple leaf a proud national symbol. 
  • Vibrant Diversity: Cities like Toronto and Vancouver are recognized as global cultural mosaics, where dozens of languages and distinct traditions blend seamlessly. 
  • Historic Landmarks: Places like Old Quebec feature European-style stone fortifications and cobblestone streets that are designated UNESCO World Heritage sites. 
  • Inuksuk: In Nunavut and other far northern areas of Canada, the landscape is dotted with inuksuit built by Inuit peoples for communication. An inuksuk is typically an anthropoid figure formed of stacked rocks that is visible from great distances in the territory, where there are few trees or other landmarks. Many inuksuit are quite ancient; they have been found near archaeological sites that date from 2400 to 1800 BCE!
  • National Icons: From the red-coated Royal Canadian Mounted Police (the Mounties) to the deep-rooted love for ice hockey, Canada has a distinct and welcoming identity.
  • Mounties: In Nunavut and other far northern areas of Canada, the landscape is dotted with inuksuit built by Inuit peoples for communication. An inuksuk is typically an anthropoid figure formed of stacked rocks that is visible from great distances in the territory, where there are few trees or other landmarks. Many inuksuit are quite ancient; they have been found near archaeological sites that date from 2400 to 1800 BCE!
  • Lots of Lakes: Canada has more lakes than any other country in the world. The province of Ontario alone has more than 250,000 lakes, which contain about one-fifth of the world’s liquid fresh water.
  • Polar Bears: The polar bear is the largest and most powerful carnivore on land (tied with the Kodiak bear). Polar bears are found throughout the Arctic, but an estimated 60–80% of them are found in Canada. The polar bear is the largest and most powerful carnivore on land (tied with the Kodiak bear). Polar bears are found throughout the Arctic, but an estimated 60–80% of them are found in Canada
  • Oh yes, Canada is an amazing place in part due to their extraordinary culture and iconic traditions - you will find more information about these things at this link.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About Things Which Show Canada is Amazing - Their Extraordinary Culture & Iconic Traditions

    I've been writing this week about how in light of the tremendously rude and disrespectful way the massively corrupt convicted felon/sexu...