Saturday, September 19, 2026

Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About Things Which Show Canada is Amazing - Their Quality of Life & Society

I've been writing this week about how in light of the tremendously rude and disrespectful way the massively corrupt convicted felon/sexual abuser who currently occupies the white house here in the US has been talking about and treating our dear neighbors, friends, allies, and family in Canada, I am spending this week just learning more about Canada - and sharing what I learn about how Canada is an amazing place - and there are a few more days to share - today I'm sharing how Canada is amazing because of their quality of life and society! Online I learned . . .

  • Safety and Cleanliness: Canadian cities consistently rank high for low crime rates, clean air, and high standards of living.
  • Friendly Communities: A strong cultural value is placed on politeness, community support, and inclusivity.
  • Innovation: Canada is a global leader in producing vital medical isotopes for cancer treatment, green spaces, and stable financial systems.
  • Egalitarianism: Canadian culture values humility, empathy, and treating people as equals regardless of social status. 
  • Diversity and Inclusion: The nation officially embraces multiculturalism, protecting individual rights and freedoms through law, though disparities still affect Indigenous populations and low-income groups. 
  • Governance: Operating as a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy, Canada emphasizes a public social safety net, though contemporary debates focus on accountability, transparency, and regional healthcare funding.
  • Well-Being Framework: Statistics Canada tracks national well-being using the Quality of Life Framework for Canada, measuring life satisfaction, a sense of meaning, and future outlook. 
  • Life Satisfaction: Recent data indicates roughly 46% of Canadians report high life satisfaction, reflecting post-pandemic adjustments and economic strains.
  • Health and Environment: While Canada scores well globally for a clean environment and personal safety, public perception of personal health and healthcare accessibility has faced downward pressure.
  • Life Expectancy: People in Canada live longer. The average life span is about 81 years.
  • Work-Life Balance: Jobs often provide better paid time off and worker protections in Canada.
  • Canada as a country seems to be committed to the people of Canada having a high quality of life and a society which works - for all Canadians. No place is perfect, and Canada does have work to do in affordability and indigenous rights, but they are working for these things.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About Mont-Saint-Pierre, Gaspésie, Quebec

    Several of my ancestors were born in Quebec, so I find it to be an interesting place for sure! Today I learned about a unique place in Quebe...