Friday, October 2, 2026

Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About Thanksgiving Recipes - Maple Fudge!

Next Friday this "Lost Canadian" will be making Maple Fudge for the first time - my family will be able to enjoy it when we celebrate our first Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday, the 11th (Canadian Thanksgiving is actually on Monday the 12th, but since many Canadians celebrate their Thanksgiving on Sunday, I thought my family could do the same!)

Apparently one of the Canadian favorites Canadians enjoy on their Thanksgiving is Maple Fudge - and why wouldn't they! I've never made Maple Fudge before (I have had it once or twice when I was a child), but Canadian Thanksgiving seems like the perfect time to try it! Plus, my ancestors were Sugar-makers, so maple fudge seems like a tasty way to celebrate for this family of "Lost Canadians"!

I found a recipe on line and they say, "A true staple here in Québec, this fudge is a smooth, creamy and sinfully decadent maple treat which tastes like pure heaven. Just one bite is all you need for your taste buds to think they have died and gone up there to sing in unison with the angels in the sky." They also said, "this stuff tastes so good EVEN if you get it wrong somehow and your fudge doesn’t turn out absolutely perfect, it’s still going to be sinfully good to eat!" I am hoping my fudge turns out - you will find the recipe I'm going to use at this link. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts From a "Lost Canadian" About Thanksgiving Recipes - Maple Fudge!

Next Friday this "Lost Canadian" will be making Maple Fudge for the first time - my family will be able to enjoy it when we celebr...